you as to
how we look after your information when you visit our website and/or use our mobile application (“App”) (collectively our
“Services”), regardless of where you visit it from, and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
your information when you use our Services, including any data you may provide through your use of our Services.
This website and our mobile applications as available are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data
relating to children.
provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing information about you so that you are fully aware of how
Country Pick is responsible for your information (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those
connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are
every website you visit or third party mobile application you may use.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an Country Pick account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number).
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect
information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that
assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other
Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
information about how you use Country Pick and provide features to you.
placed by us or the third party.
- More information is available in our Cookies page
3. HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect information from and about your device including through:
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Services, we may automatically collect
Technical Data about your device, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies and other
similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Technical Data about you from analytics
providers based outside the EU such as Google..
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will only use your information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your information in the following
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests, and fundamental
rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you have sent your information to us for the purpose of participating in a promotion.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Country Pick without your consent, except as noted in
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available
to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be
re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the
Service, or if other Users or third parties using the Country Pick API have copied or saved that information.
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or
subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests
from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in
that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may
also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address
fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent
death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended
period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations
concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies. If you
more information about the cookies we use and how to manage your preferences, please see our cookie
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will only be disclosed to companies within the Country Pick group of companies and third parties outside
Country Pick may transfer your information to another company if it restructures its business. Country Pick may
information to a third party if the operator of the website changes, or if there is a sale of all or any part of its
business or its assets. In the event of any of these transfers occurring, the party who acquires the data will assume the
Country Pick may engage the services of third party service providers and suppliers for certain activities including, but
limited to, processing your information and providing technical support to our Services. Country Pick will take steps to
that arrangements with third party service providers protect your privacy by ensuring that these third parties comply
strictly with instructions when they are processing your information.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do
not allow our third party service providers to use your information for their own purposes and only permit them to process
your information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed
in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your information to those employees, agents,
contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your information on our
instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a
breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Country Pick may retain
information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival,
and/or audit purposes.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.